Monday, 5 August 2013

Application as AFS First Friend

Today I sent my application to AFS Austria to be a First Friend for an exchange student who is coming to Vienna this summer! :) I really hope I'll be able to be an AFS First friend even though I did not do my exchange year with AFS.
It was an easy application, you just had to fill in your contact information and then why you want to be one and what you expect, or something very similar. So I did that, and will get an answer around the august, 20 if I ll be first friend or not.

You don't know what a first friend is? It's someone who will show an new arrived exchange student around and help him/her at the beginning!

I think that it's perfect for me, because even though I wanted to be hostfamily, which we wont be, because my mum isn't convinced yet, I could be at least first friend and help someone :)

--
UPDATE: Aug.17th: I still didn't hear back from AFS...

No comments: