Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Vienna city bike

Last night I registered online at http://www.citybikewien.at . It was really easy and the form was filled in really fast. Now I am able to rent a bike at every Vienna city bike post, there are over 100 all around the city.

I am going to try it out today. I am already looking forward to cycle around the city.


* All credis for the picture go to: http://www.citybikewien.at

- Anna S.K. 

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”~Mark Twain~


8 comments:

Ashley Hubbard said...

I think this is a great idea - wish more cities in the US did something like this!

Globalmouse said...

I love how so many cities are doing this - it's such a great way to see a place - and 100 destinations is fantastic. Have fun and can't wait to see how you

Angela Travels said...

I did something similar with a bike rental company in Denver Colorado. It is SO convenient!

Bob R said...

Good for you. :) This is an idea that's quickly spread far and wide over the past 6-7 years. As an avid cyclist (who will never again own a car), this is a VERY nice development indeed.

Chris Boothman said...

Definitely agree with Ashley that the States need to start taking a leaf out of Vienna's book and installing more of these city bike tours. I know that many leading cities are doing this such as NYC and Washington but given that it is a great way to get around and of course get exercise along the way, I really think these initiatives need to be increasing!

Michele said...

We have seen these in quite a few cities as we have travelled around, definitely a good way to get around...especially on a nice day enjoy your rides

Sammi Wei said...

This sounds like fun! I'm not a big fan of biking however, I'm more of a leisurely beach biker although I'd love to do one just to check it out. Hope it is fun!

Surfing the Planet English said...

We have this in Barcelona too, I hope in Vienna it's more reliable than here:) Here, when you are in a hurry, you always find the bike station empty:)