Tuesday, 26 August 2014

August 25th

August 25th 2012 is the day I got on the plane to Montréal to start an amazing journey that I will never forget. This was two years ago, which actually shocks me a lot, as I remember a lot of little moments as if it was just yesterday.
I woke up really early at 3.15am to get to the airport on time, where I met another student from Austria who attended the same school as me at the gate and had a layover in Frankfurt where we met all the other students to fly over the ocean. My visa had an error at first, was changed later though and then it was time to meet our host families. My host parents were at a wedding, so my host aunt Linda came to pick me up and bring me home. There was a lot of traffic and after a very long ride we made it home! :) My host dad was already sitting on the stairs waiting for me, eating a Mr. Freeze,...
I could go on and on, as I literally remember every single moment.

August 25th 2013: We hosted a student from Mexico, so we showed her around and had a great time!
If you are reading this: Hi Almudena! :)
Additionally, a year has passed since I left to Canada!

August 25th 2014: While I am packing my clothes, electronics and everything else for EMIS, I have to think about the fact that I left to Canada two years ago! WOW! This day was a great start to an incredible year with lovely people, great trips, good food and so on. At this point I really want to thank my host family and everyone who made me feel at home again! I never expected to have such an amazing and smooth time. Thank you Edmond, Kevin, Linda, Melissa, Paula, Veronique et
Merci Anne! And two years later I am about to start a new adventure, EMIS. I hope to make friends as easy as I did in Canada, a great example for this is: Erica.

Packing is what occupies most of my time at the moment. My suitcase had 27,6kg yesterday, so 4,6 too much for Austrian Airlines restrictions. I will have to figure something out. Why can't airlines limit passenger to one suitcase, not 23kg? It would make my life a lot easier right now, as I have a lot of space regarding the volume left, but the weight is the problem.

Just 3 days to go until I am at the airport, saying my final goodbyes and starting a new adventure!
As the days decrease, my excitement increases tremendously, I am super excited to meet all other EMISERs!
Have a safe trip everybody, who I will meet in less than a week!

- Anna S.K. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain~

No comments: