Friday, 5 September 2014

End of week 1 @ EMIS

A week has passed since I left everything I was used to behind to restart here in Ramat HaSharon at EMIS.

The orientation week is already over and right now it is our first full weekend on campus. Tonight will be our first Shabbat dinner, wherefore we will be wearing white. We were really busy during the last week due to at least 4 student activities a day with the purpose of getting to know us better and build/increase EMIS spirit.

I have been on campus for almost 7x24 hours now, and the time has passed  where we did a bunch of things for the first time. We cleaned the hallway for the first time on Tuesday because my room was on duty, Hannah and I had our first experience with washing machines on Thursday, Hannah and my first CAS activity is also done already (Sign up poster for all activities),... .

Right now, I am debating about my subject choice and wondering how we will be able to fit all our plans in 24 hours, as we were already super busy during orientation week.

A swimming competition is going to take place on Saturday, where the whole EMIS student body is going to wear a shirt with an EMIS logo designed by us (done so this week during one of the activities).

I am looking forward to start with our daily routine on Sunday, first day of class.

One remark on the food: Pink trays equal to dairy products, brown trays equal to meat, so the dining hall serves Kocher meals, which I think is pretty interesting.

On Friday and Saturday (our weekend) we will be taking care of our rooms and get ready for classes, rethink the course selection, have a swimming competition and enjoy our last weekend without stress.



- Anna S.K. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain~

No comments: