Thursday, 1 January 2015

Hannukkah



Marie (Canada), Anna (Austria), Hannah (USA), José (Ecuador),  Iyar (Israel) and many more were sitting on one table during the Hannukkah celebration in the Kfar. Firstly, seeing decorations in front of  and all over the dining hall, we watched a nicely prepared ceremony by some of the students from the Israeli boarding school. After the stressful period of exams, this Wednesday was my first Hannukkah celebration. Hannukkah is the fest of light, being based on Jewish history.
 To those who are celebrating, happy Hannukkah! 

5 comments:

Russ R. said...

It's always great to learn about other cultures. And I think, the best way to learn and to immense oneself in any culture is to actually experience it: the food, the traditions, the practices. I've read so much about Hannkkah from books and articles and I'd love to experience and celebrate it.

Nanda Reis said...

I miss the time I lived in Toronto and I was able to connect with so many different cultures, I had friends from all over the world! I'm glad you are having this opportunity!

Amie Hu said...

I first heard about Hannukkah celebrations from the American serial - OC. :) But I don't celebrate it in my country though... glad you had fun!

Fred Hawson said...

I am not aware of any Jewish community here in our city, so I do not really know much or anything about Hanukkah. What activities do you do during your Hanukkah celebrations?

May Palacpac said...

What a nice experience that is for a young woman like you. I'm interested to witness that, too.