Friday, 26 June 2015

✈️ Montreal

After 33 months it was time again to catch a plane, well actually two, to Montreal. It is the 25th of June, a lucky coincidence or some magical sign that I came on the 25th of August 2012? Even before leaving Montreal in the summer of 2013, I knew that eventually I will come back. So here I am! :) An intense research later, I ended up finding a pretty cheap ticket with a decent layover in London. I immediately had to book the ticket and was since counting days for the past eight months. 

This morning my parents and I drove to the airport to check in rather early, as web checkin unfortunately did not work out. After waiting in line for a little bit, I checked in and received a window seat ticket to London and an aisle one to Montreal. At first I was a little unhappy with the aisle seat, but now that I am sitting here and writing this, I am actually pretty happy.

But let's stay in chronological order for everyone to follow.
After some window shopping, a security check and some walking around, it was already time to board the plane to London. The time past really quickly. 

I was surprised by how fast one can be in London. In my memory it took a lot longer. I just looked through the magazines and out of the window until I got to see London. As the flight wasn't allowed to land immediately, the plane made another turn over the Themse and Tower of London area until we were able to land. 

After arriving in London, I followed the purple flight connections signs, which led me to the first bus connecting terminal 3 to Terminal 5. After driving for ten minutes around the London Heathrow airport we arrived at Terminal 5. There another rather chaotic security check awaited us, well, the other passengers and me. 

As I was a little hungry and had a little less than 3 hours, I decided to get some food and something to drink. I got a mozzarella tomato sandwich and a lemonade, which I haven't had too much time to consume. They then finally announced the gate,10 minutes before boarding began, even though it takes you a minimum of 15 from the main building. I had to take another train to the B building. I then just went to change into some comfortable pants for the six hour long flight and there was already the last call for passengers to Montreal.
The time in London past a lot faster than expected, which isn't bad though. 

So there I went on the plane taking me back to Montreal! ✈️ After passing the first and business class rows, I found my seat, 27C, next to some nice people from Quebec. I was generally sitting in the Quebec corner, being reminded of some typical words. I have definitely forgotten lots, unfortunately, but it was good to have a smooth transition into the French speaking world listening to my seating partners. We were sitting in the last row before an emergency exit, which gave us the privilege of putting our chair backwards without any guilty feelings for the passengers behind us. Unfortunately, the bathroom was not very far, but it wasn't as bad as I had first expected. 

The food was interesting. The main dish was good, however, I must mention that British Airlines has a love for raisins that I cannot share with them, unfortunately.


And as they would know that I might miss the Israeli Humus, or not, I even got a tomato humus sandwich. Nevertheless, the food was pretty good for an airplane and there was lots of it. what made the whole flight better though is that they offered cranberry juice. I don't think I could have prepared myself better for Montreal, haha. 

A bit more than 6 hours later, it was time for landing! Oh, well, it actually is time right now. ("20 minutes to landing") these last minutes felt like two and then we already touched down in Montreal. 


After waiting in line for more than an hour I made it through customs, got my suitcase, followed the exit signs and handed in my declaration card. Unfortunately the agent had to remove the pretty Canada visa from my passport. I even asked if I can keep it as a souvenir but he did not give it back to me. Oh well, I should have removed it earlier. 

Now it was not long anymore and after two hours at the Montreal Airport it was time to see Anne and Edmond again. I immediately recognized and saw them out of the crowd.  We drove to home passing beautiful fireworks taking place in Montreal. As it was already late at night and I was pretty tired after the long journey we did not do much anymore except of a tour around the new house. Good night! Bonne nuit! 

So here I am back in Montreal! :)
May the next three weeks be fun! 

No comments: